Along with CRM 2013, Microsoft released mobile application for Dynamics CRM named as Mobile Client Application (MoCA). However, with release of Dynamics CRM 2015 app, Microsoft released functionality to create record while you are offline. With Offline draft records, users will have following functionality:
- Create records while you are offline or not connected to network.
- Drafts records can be created by clicking on Draft button on Sitemap while you are offline. It will show number of draft records once created.
- As soon as you come online, you can open draft records and click on Save to get it Sync with CRM. In future versions (Probably in UR2 of on-Premise), Draft records will automatically gets sync with CRM instance.
- Draft records can be discarded or updated while offline. These records will automatically be deleted once you sign-out from the application because of security reasons.
- You can not populate lookup while you are offline unless you are creating record from Associated view. Example: Create Activity record from Contact and it will automatically prepopulate Regarding lookup with the contact.