When you deploy Managed solution which contains Reports to CRM, those reports will also deployed as Managed reports. Later, if you need to delete that report, you can't really delete that report because of managed property. There are two ways to hide/remove those reports:
- Hide from Report Area and Set to Individual (Recommended): This is the recommended approach. To perform this, you need to follow below steps:
- Go to Reports Area. Select "All Reports, including sub reports view
- Select the report and Click on Edit.
- Remove Report Area from the "Display In" field. Basically, nothing should be selected there.
- Save the report.
- From Actions menu, choose "Revert to Personal use".
- Delete from Database (Unsupported, NOT Recommended): This is unsupported way and not recommended approach. Since these reports are managed, you can't just delete the report. Follow below steps to delete those reports. Please note that this is unsupported way. Do this only at your own risk. However, till now I have always been successful without any negative impact:
- Login to Database server.
- Query the "Report" table to get the ReportId.
- Execute below query:
- Update Report set isManaged = 0 where ReportId = '<ReportId>'
- Now Login to CRM and Go to Report Area.
- Select the Report and click on Delete.
- It should delete the report successfully from Database.
As mentioned above, second approach is unsupported and not recommended. However, there are times when we need to perform unsupported approach as well.